December 27, 2019 | 3 MIN ReaD
5 Ways to Optimize Your Clinic's Website in 2020
To set the stage, let’s start with some fun facts from Bloomtools (a market leader in web design), regarding internet usage in Canada:
• 1 in 5 Canadians haven’t gone more than 8 hours without using the internet
• 57% of users 55+ are surfing the web on mobile devices (an increase from 24% in 2015)
• 67% of clients feel more likely to do business with a company that has a website
With those metrics in mind, if you want to increase the number of new patients walking through your doors in 2020, you must have an effective online presence. People see your website, form an opinion about your clinic, and decide almost instantly if they want to work with you. It’s also often the first touchpoint for new and existing clients. That’s why the most successful clinics invest in their website – it’s open for business around the clock!
– Forward this post to a colleague –
The following are five ways to engage your website traffic and convert them into new patients:
1. Prioritize usability first.
This mainly applies to responsiveness, design quality, and load speed.
• 93% of people have left a website because it didn’t display properly on their device
• 90% of people have left a website because it was badly designed
• 93% of people have left a website because it didn’t load quickly enough
Enough said 🙂
2. Keep your eye on the prize
Focus your content and design strategy on what you want someone visiting your website to do. What is the main objective? If it’s booking an appointment, your entire page should make it easy for them to do so. For example, when they land on your homepage they should see a “Book an Appointment” button. Don’t make them search for the information they need – hand it to them.
TIP! Introduce a live chat option.
An easy way to engage visitors as soon as they land on your website is through an online chat system like Drift. These tools allow you the option of engaging a visitor as soon as they arrive in a more casual and friendly way. The free software plugs right into your website (no coding required) and gives clients an easier option than filling out a form with personal information or sending an email to an unknown inbox.
3. Quantify your clinic's impact with social proof
For this tip, it’s not essential to be an expert in Google Analytics, but you should be tracking key performance indicators on your website and reviewing them at least once a year. Metrics like website visitors, bounce rates and conversion rates are all very important metrics. Conversion rates being the foremost! A website conversion occurs when a visitor to your website completes a desired action like booking an appointment.
5. Implement SEO
Potentially the most important piece of your website strategy is search engine optimization (SEO). It is the art and science to getting your website to rank higher in search engines like Google. For most websites, traffic that comes from search engines (called natural or organic traffic) accounts for a large percentage of overall traffic and is a source that should definitely not be ignored.
• Links – Links from other websites play a key role in determining the ranking of a site in Google and other search engines. Sites that acquire links from many other sites gain authority (called “PageRank” in Google) in the eyes of search engines, especially if the sites that are linking to them are themselves authoritative.
• Content – Search engines also analyze the content of a web page to determine if it’s relevant to a given search query. A large part of SEO is creating content targeted toward satisfying keyword searches.
If one of your goals for 2020 is to increase your patient acquisition rate, try implementing these ideas into your digital strategy. Make sure to take the pulse of your website traffic, traffic sources, and conversion rates before and after implementation. Then see what works for your website.
Hayley Davison, Juvonno Consultant
Patty Romeo, VP Marketing | Juvonno
Subscribe to our blog
Stay up to date with the latest posts and news.